Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need emulsion tube

Hi All,

After taking the carbs apart for a good cleaning, found one of the needle jets (emulsion tube) to be broken. Looks like the PO tried to fix it with a pliers, it does not look good. The number on the part is 300 X-2.

Local parts stores do not have it and can not order one. Dug around a bit on some 'net sites but I am having no luck either.

Any suggestions were I can purchase one?

Bike is a '79 XS1100 Special

Thanks,

Skeggp

Hey Skeggo,

Regrettably they are not available from Yamaha, BikeBandit, etc.!

MikesXS which sells 650 parts has one that is very close to the one we use. A member posted about getting a set of 4 to replace his, so that they would all match, can't remember his name/usernam?? Below is a description, photo, price, and then a photo from our tech tips showing one that looks very similar, note it doesn't have that little extra part on the tip,which we think just helps in the venturi affect a little vs. the ones without that are used in the later series carbs!?!?

2H7-14941-02-00= OEM Yam Part #, Main Nozzle X-2

Needle Jet - Y-O
    Needle Jet - Y-O - Fits: XS650G/H/SH/SJ/SK/SL (1980-84) Stock Mikuni BS34
    CV Carbs.

Part #48-0660 $12.00 USD EA.

Otherwise, you will want to post a message in the Parts Wanted Forum, and look on Ebay for parts!?!? Good Luck
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Shoot me an e-mail or PM with your contact info. Tommy
      2010 Kawasaki Z1000
      1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

Learn something new every day

After getting the carb kits and ready to rebuild, the kits did not fit. Cross referenced the part numbers on the carbs and they are from a '81, not a '79 like the rest of the bike. I am learning something new about this bike every day.

I have ordered the correct kit but am now curious if this is a problem or not. I will dig around the board as I recall posts about mixing different year parts.

Skeggo

Comment

Skeggo,
          All the parts should interchange. You need to complete carb set, not just one or two.
          The BIG thing about the '80 carbs, the needle and seat!! Look at the top right of the picture TC posted, and you will see the seat with the "O" ring. That is what your carbs probably have, and you DO need to replace the "O" ring!!
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
          X