No announcement yet.

Will pay money for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put the old metal tipped needles and seats back in and it ran better, but I think it likes the 23 mm setting with them. Is there a place to get the metal tipped ones? Also, I need a throttle cable.
    1979 XS1100F (runnin the wheels off it)
    1979 XS650 (ran the wheels off it)
    1976 CB550F (ran the wheels off it)

Comment

Will pay money for help

Try this e-mail hardpartsinc@cfl.rr.com the guy's name is George. He may be able to help.

Comment

Here's another place to get a throttle cable.
        http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog...S1100-1979-MP0
        KW
        1982 XJ1100J
        1980 XS850SG

Comment

I had a similar problem on a brand new 81 XS11 , had it to the dealer many time. I would park the bike and fuel would be running down the kickstand by morning (lots)and eat up the pavement where she sat. I had the vacume diaphram replaced twice and still the same problem. Broke out the manual one day and followed the fuel line routing and found that when they assembled the bike they crossed a couple lines from the petcocks I believe so when the bike was sitting the fuel would flow free. Funny but the bike ran fine but leaked like crazy when parked. Maybe double check all your lines from the carbs and petcocks. I thought the same thing at the time that it was the float levels.

Comment

Weird angles

http://thepcguy.myvnc.com/xs1100/
            Hi Doug,
            the profile shots showing the float height look plain weird, cocked up in the air like that. Never mind the measurement, the float should sit kinda parallel to the carb body, not at an angle like yours are.
            Are you sure that you have the correct needles & seats for those carb bodies and not a mis-match?
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I was wondering about that too, fred. From the photos, it appears he has late-model carbs with the press-in float valve seats, which pair with rubber-tipped needles. Then, he talks about putting the 'old' metal tipped needles and seats back in??? Something is wrong with this. The seats that should go with metal-tipped needles should be the screw-in type, and there should be no way to use them in a later-model carb.
              Ken Talbot

Comment

More pix

Hi Doug,
                what Ken said.
                Mix'n'match is not usually a good idea with carbs.
                How about tearing one of those carbs down & posting pix of all the parts?
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

carbs

i you want you can send them to me if
                  if you have more money than time
                  you could talk me into coming there
                  as ever bill
                  bill hane

Comment

Working...