rusted xj banjo bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rusted xj banjo bolts

hey the bike has sat for about 10 years and the banjo bolts to the brake system are prett cruddy and rusted. should i try to get them cleaned or replace them?
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Banjo Bolts

I tried to replace mine locally, but no luck because of the thread pitch. You could order them from mikesXS though.

Comment

Some of mine were in rough shape as well but the bolt does not make the seal .. the copper washers do so put the bolts to the wire wheel and clean them up as necessary. How good or bad they look will of course depend on just how much rust there is. I don't even replace the copper washers. I just heat them up good and doing that fattens them back up so they can be reused. Just don't melt them when your heating them up.
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Yeah, just clean them, if you find you have some that are to far gone send me a PM I have several used ones off of brakes for the xs1100, just indicate if for caliper,brake master or front brake spliter some are longer. andreas

Comment

thanks! i just hope there is not too much rust that it gets into the brake system when i reconnect everything.
          " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
          xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
          8mm msd wires
          tkat fork brace...
          Fox shocks...
          mikes650 front fender
          led's gallore...
          renthal bars
          gold valve emulators
          vmax tensioner
          Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
          X