79F pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79F pics?

Hi folks, I have a '79F partzer that has been majorly modified.
    I ride an "80 Special, so a lot of the parts on the Standard are worthless to my bike.
    I am thinking about selling the seat but I think that It might have been altered at one time.
    On the stock 79 Standard seat, is there a brake light, flush mounted into the back of the plastic section of the seat?
    I looked at the picture postings, but could not tell.
    TIA, Mike
    Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

The 78E and 79F standards had rear lights mounted on the rear fender. Check out the pictures section of this site.

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Re: 79F pics?

I'll bet your partzer is missing the plastic cowling at the rear of the seat and you have that gaping hole there and can't figure out why it is there. Right? The cowling was there to cover the older position of the "black box."

Originally posted by newmaac
      Hi folks, I have a '79F partzer that has been majorly modified.
      I ride an "80 Special, so a lot of the parts on the Standard are worthless to my bike.
      I am thinking about selling the seat but I think that It might have been altered at one time.
      On the stock 79 Standard seat, is there a brake light, flush mounted into the back of the plastic section of the seat?
      I looked at the picture postings, but could not tell.
      TIA, Mike
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

No, actually I do still have the cowling intact, but there ia a brake light mounted INTO the plastic cowling.
        The Bike had been lowered, and the rear fender removed, but I could not determine if the brake light was stock.
        It sounds as though the PO placed the light into the cowling when removing the fender.
        It looks well done, that's why I thought that it was stock.
        Anyone have an interest in a customized Seat/cowling?
        Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

Comment

Working...
        X