turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signals

Ok i notice tonight that my back running lights dont work but they work when i turn on the blinker, Is the bulb bad or a short? I hate to buy a few and turns out its a short somewhere. at least id have some spar bulbs. LOL

jason

Back running lights ???
    I may be mistaken because I only have real good experience with the 78 and 79 standard models but I don't think you have back running lights.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Hey Rob,

You're right! Jason, the rear lights are only turn signals. And for that matter, I'm surprised you have running lights on the front, because the Specials didn't have any, only the standards?

To be running lights in the rear, you would also have to change the color of the lenses to RED, not allowed to have any other color and be on all the time!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

ok maybe running lights was a wrong choice of words. my rear turn signals are not on all the time like the front. The rear ones only come on when i was a blinker. Turned out to be a bulb. sorry for the confusion

Comment

I think you mean "when you use your blinker"? Anyway the bulbs for the blinkers are single filament bulbs. Select them properly for the correct wattage as per your manual. There should be a list in the electrical section of all bulb types and wattages.
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Originally posted by 79XS11F
            I think you mean "when you use your blinker"?
            Rob
            LOL thats what i ment, sorry my alergies are driving me nuts today and im going crazy with the running nose and watering eyes.

Comment

Working...
            X