bleeding breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleeding breaks

ok i replaced the master cylinder on the back brakes. but i can get them to bleed any suggestions

Have you checked out the various brake articles in the maintenance section of the forum? I think most of the common problems with brake bleeding have been covered there. If you've come across something different, post a follow-up here and let's see if anybody has dealt with it before..
    Ken Talbot

Comment

you really have to pump for many times before getting pressure i pumped 1 side of my front brakes 5-10 minutes before getting anything be patient and it will graduallllllyyy get there

Comment

I have found........

that by cracking the line or pulling the banjo bolt right out of the caliper until fluid starts to come out there first helps speed up the process, there is alot of air in a dry line and sometimes it just refuses to pump out, hope this helps!!
        1980 XS 1100 Special SG
        "White Lightning"

Comment

I do have one. I'm in the process of putting all the brakes back on from scratch.
          The rear was no problem, the front i'm still lining out.
          go to the auto parts store and for $5.00 you can get a one man bleeder like mine!
          I couldn't get the front to do any thing till i put the hose on the bleeder screw and hooked up the bottle.
          Just remember to put a little fluid in the bottle first to help it prime itself.
          it worked for me. now all i have to do is get all the air out of the system.
          THe front seem to be real touchy about this, we will see.
          good luck

Comment

the reason i had to pump so many times is because my spooge holes were clogged, just un clogged them, duh good luck

Comment

Working...
            X