Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing question

Hi,
    I just picked up a 1977 XS750D for a parts bike for my 750-restoration project. It has a nice Yamaha fairing on it. The question is if anyone knows if the fairing from the 750 will fit onto my xs1100?
    Also how can I replace the broken windsheild?
    Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    Owner of:
    1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
    140 mains
    45 pilot jets
    Floats at 24mm
    Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

I would bet that it would. Both bikes are very similar in overall size but some adjustments may be needed. I am sure that others with experience with both bikes will chime in on this one
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

I have a bracket for a fairing for the XS1100, if you need it
      1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
      "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
      My Photo Bucket

Comment

If it's the Vetter made one, it fits just like any other Windjammer. You could mount it on any bike, as long as you have the right mount.

If it is the Vetter, you can buy brand new windshields from any Slipstreamer dealer.

http://www.slipstreamer.com/Product/...placement.html
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I cut my own windshields from Lexan. JC Whitney sells em also. Any Windjammer will fit your rig, the mounts are model specific.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Hi,
            I am still trying to figure how to mount this fairing from a 750 onto my xs1100F. anyone have a fairing similar to this one? It says on the inside Yamaha. If anyone has a similar fairing would you mind sending me measurements of the bracket and the windshield as well.

The bracket from the 750 looks like it would be very difficult to retrofit. I will be needing to build a new bracket.

Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
            Owner of:
            1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
            140 mains
            45 pilot jets
            Floats at 24mm
            Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

How about a pic of the current bracket and where it mounts to fairing?

mro

Comment

rman,
                You have a PACIFICO fairing. They were built for Yamaha. The shield CAN be had from most suppliers. Just order the Pacifico shield, NOT a Windjammer.
                The mounts for the frame ARE different between the 750/850 and the 1100. You will need to fabricate a mount, or talk with renegade-xs11g about the mount he has.
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
                X