Holy XStreme XSelleration Batman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy XStreme XSelleration Batman!

I was lounging at my fiance's house tonight. It was about 11 oclock when it started lighning out, so I decided to go home. Well it looked pretty crappy and there were a few droplets so I was in a hurry. I leave her house, it is kindof separated from town by about a 1/2 mile or so.

As I approach the 4 way stop, I am scared a bit by the lightning because it is so close. I just hammer on the throttle in first gear, and go all of the way through it. HOLY COW! (I've never done that before) This beast about did a wheelie! I never knew how much power was in the powerband until I did that! Got my heart beating faster than normal. Wow that was fun.

Well I am 19 years old. You only live once. Might as well have an XS11. Wow I should go to bed, I have to work in the morning. Night Everyone!

Darrek
    1979 Eleven Special - 26,000 miles.

Easy there laddy!

Old fart here.

Be very very careful, these bikes will tow a caravan uphill at 100mph and the power has a habit of sneaking up on you all of a sudden and taking a huge bite out of your arse.

My son is 20. I wouldn't dream of letting him on something so powerful but like I said,

Old fart here.
    Automotive Imbecile.
    Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
    '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
    1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Darrek,
      I could not have said it better than Strayla did. My oldest son is 26 and rides a '78 Zook that is a seriously quick scoot itself. Because he is a carefull type of guy I have let him drive the Dragon on several occasions and he approaches it with great caution. He says that the big problem is once that you know what is on tap there you tend to want to pull the handle just to see what will happen. This is NOT always a good idea! Please be carefull, we would not like to lose you.
      Just a small bit of warning from another old fart.
      The Old Tamer
      1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Figured that would be the response...

But... I know what you mean. I wouldnt do that anywhere where there was any traffic, and know when to back off. I just had to try it though. Anyways, thanks for your concern. Glad this community cares about me!

Darrek
        1979 Eleven Special - 26,000 miles.

Comment

Working...
        X