carb tee question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb tee question

Do the ones from mikesxs.xom work on the 1100 carbs? Thanks.

Hey Grimace,

IF yours is dry rotted away, it has a metal inner layer just like the ones on MikesXS. You should be able to go to the hardware store and find some NEOPRENE or Buna-N Orings that you can fit around that metal base and fit snugly inside the carb "T' inlet port, essentially the same setup as the MikesXS one! I can't remember for sure, but I think someone has gotten it and used it successfully on an XS11. You might want to get several washer/O-rings to provide more support than just 1 for each end of the fitting! BTW, cut or remove the rotted rubber from around the old one..duh!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Didn't think of that TC Thanks for the tip

Comment

Hey Grimace,

Let us know WHAT SIZE Oring you find that works and how well it works, so we can possibly make this a tech tip! Thanks!
        T.C.
        A photo or two would be nice too!
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Well, I can probably find that, but I was in a pinch and needed to get my bike going so I did the sensible thing. I mixed up some of that magical fuel tank sealer we use at work and sealed the tee fittings into the carbs. Worked like a charm, and with the new butterfly shaft seals from mikesxs.com (thanks Mike ) I am back on the road.

In a few weeks, (this bike hates me so I WILL be back in the carbs), so I can get the correct o-ring size

Comment

Working...
          X