LED turn signals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED turn signals ?

Hi,I was considering installing rear LED turn signals on my 79 XS standard.Has anyone tried this and with what results.Supposedly they are brighter and also the ones I am considering also are lit on the front side . Any feedback would be appreciated,I did a search and nothing comes up. Brad

Hey there Ranch,

Aside from Searching the FORUMS, you'll want to scroll down FROM THE MAIN FORUM PAGE, and check out ALL of the tech tips, there are more there than what are linked from the left column, like THIS LED TURN SIGNAL TECH TIP , there's also a brake light LED tip!

This is just one way of doing it, the same company now provides fancier LED arrays attached to separte bulb bases via wires so you can plug them into a light socket and then position the array for best visibility and fit! Good Luck!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks Topcat!

I did no see the forum on this.I am considering some carbon fiber style rear signals that come with I believe,resisters so they don't flash so fast.Thought this would slightly update the looks of the bike as well as be more visible to other motorist when making turns,etc.Thanks again,Brad

Comment

"Or this thread."

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...r&pagenumber=1
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Hey Brad,

Well, the resistors are to allow them to work with your existing thermal flasher, they increase the load on the system, which IF you are doing this only for visibility, then you've lost nothing. BUT many folks do the LED conversion for all turns, tail/brakes to get some more amps/watts available to run stronger driving headlights....the XS11's system isn't up to providing much more than what the stock bike needed! Don't forget to post the photos!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
          X