Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what wheels these are?

Hello,
    Do any of you guys know how to do this conversion? http://home.hetnet.nl/~ixes1100/indexx.html
    I am new here and hope I posted this in the right section.
    Thanks

Oops, I thought the link would take you right to it. Just click on projecten on top and it should take you to where I was trying to go.
    Last edited by Cabasa; 12-13-2002, 11:26 AM.

I know some of those euro guys are on this list so maybe one of them can get you in touch with the owner.

I don't know though...It looks like alot of work for very little advantage. IMHO.

Good luck and welcome to the site Cabasa.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Not sure, probably says in the desciption of the project, if i could read it. Here is one of the pictures if you don't wanna click.

Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

wayne,i cant believe you cant see the benefits of this conversion? increased tyre contact patch,less unsprung weight,real brakes (xs brakes are crap,even with lines pads etc xj1100 front brake is the same as 1982 rd50mx a moped!) less gyroscopic effect will help the steering..etc,etc imho this is a very worthwhile mod that would encrease rider pleasure and safety
        mick
        xs1.1s(x2)
        gsxr1100(1127)
        gsx1100g(x2)
        trophy900
        bonneville750

http://www.tonyfoale.com/

Comment

front end is transplanted by changing steering stem in yokes(trees) it could be any fzr front end brakes are r1 or r6,rear wheel is a 900 yamaha diversion (fits xs/xj11 bevel box)
          mick
          xs1.1s(x2)
          gsxr1100(1127)
          gsx1100g(x2)
          trophy900
          bonneville750

Comment

Well I agree In theory, but my opinion is... If your going to do that much work to change the bike into something it isn't, you might as well find yourself a different bike. I suppose some who are knowledgeable enough and have that much time on their hands, could do the mods and that would be great. But I'd say just go out and find yourself an FJ1200 or something. Just MHO.

Comment

i hear you mate,but if you took that logically we would all have brand new bikes? i think the xs1100 is one of the best engines ever made (mho) and to modify,alter,improve these bikes says far more about your character than an fj1200 or any stock jelly mould bike ever will. no offence intended p.s.the mods could easily be completed in a weekend
              mick
              xs1.1s(x2)
              gsxr1100(1127)
              gsx1100g(x2)
              trophy900
              bonneville750

Comment

None taken,
                I agree that the XS is, by far, one of the coolest bike out there. It hearkens to a day when motorcycles were Motorcycles and not Acuras.

I guess I would have to see what would go into a mod like this one. On further thought, if it was just a matter of "bolting on" new parts then it would be something to look at.

Not to say there is anything wrong with turning the XS into a fun project and modifying the hell out of it. Its definitely a good bike to start with.

Comment

on consideration the front end is most likely an xjr 1200 or 1300 try cross referencing the steering head bearings easiest way to find a match
                  mick
                  xs1.1s(x2)
                  gsxr1100(1127)
                  gsx1100g(x2)
                  trophy900
                  bonneville750

Comment

That's a really cool seat too, it looks more comfortable while still retaining the style of the original. I'd like to know where he got it done.
                    Robert
                    79 SF

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. As soon as I find out all the details that is definately something that I want to do.
                      I did have a GSXR, but call me crazy I like the XS a whole lot more. So I got rid of it. I was planning on turning the GSXR into a streetfighter, but I decided to do that to the XS instead. Doing all the work on the XS, not finishing and then starting something new had a lot to do with my decision. I don't have anything drastic in mind just basically what you see in the picture.
                      Man I can't wait to get the thing on the road! I gotta buddy who calls me every other day (he now has the GSXR) asking when were gonna ride. Oh well, in time.

Comment

I could not find the info on what front ends they are using, I would try to e-mail somebody from the site and see if they answer.

This is one of the best looking XS's I have ever seen........
                        Gary Granger

Comment

Just for a laugh, I tried to translate some of the text to English...here is what i got:

After Yamaha's slogan of the zeventiger years "two cylinders are more than" they ended up enough in 1978, with their four cylinder surprise, which with their 1101 cc all until then applying rules with feet stepped. The selection of square styling, the quarter of mile of 11 seconden, weight of 280 kg and cardanaandrijving was never rather shown. Further innovations were electronische lighting, reverse twisting engine, petrol godmother, achterband, loose kickstarter, oliepeil-kijkglas and are enormous 130/90V17 with his unique bandenklemmen!

The competition had obliged jerk because of this still bigger superlatieven from the cupboard. After a triad years become the XS 1100 thanks to these superlatieven omgekroond to (still always unaltered) toerkoning. In spite of this denomination the XS had still always ridden by meerdere enthousiastelingen as superbike. To satisfy to sport-loving at the latest become in 1981 zwart-gouden the XS 1100 s in the living called. Parallel to Yamaha's European models the technical equals Eleven, Eleven overflowed special in the USAS, Midnight special and the Maxim ' s weighs country. The lasts to our joy with
                          large rule half-measure to here geimporteerd. An end came to this renowned model then in 1983, last of the link ran. Worldwide 26 several type's sell among which even politie-uitvoering, is.

Only the men that grew up with the current generation of super-light superbikes have clear problems with the wheel qualities and the weight of this beul. Even present at dage shines the XS 1100 still by its reliability, zitcomfort and engine cross-belt and invents still an impressive schare partisans.

My question is what is a 'petrol godmother', my XS has one and I am proud of it (whatever it is )
                          Gary Granger

Comment

Divvy Wheels

rear wheel is a 900 yamaha diversion (fits xs/xj11 bevel box)
                            Interesting news - hadn't spotted that one. Chopper- do you know if i'ts a straight swap for a 900 divvy wheel?

That and a trick front end could be a very nice project sometime (cash permitting)
                            XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
                            Guzzi 850
                            Z1000

Comment

you can only fit the wheel if you make / modify(heavily) a swingarm or like me build a rigid chopper
                              mick
                              xs1.1s(x2)
                              gsxr1100(1127)
                              gsx1100g(x2)
                              trophy900
                              bonneville750

Comment

Working...
                              X