Wheel bearings and seals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearings and seals.

I am going through my bike, and wanted to replace the wheel bearings and seals.

The 6303s, and the 6304 bearing are no problem. Of course, the goofy needle bearing is a Yammy only thing.

But my local bearing shop can't get one of the seals for the rear wheel. It' the one with the really big bore.

He can get the other one, the large seal with the small bore (large flat surface area) but it is 3mm thicker. Will that get in the way of anything?
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Bike Bandit Baby!

Hey Cra-z,

I just did that rebuild a month ago, and got all my seals from Bike Bandit. OEMs are real nice when they are odd sized like that!

greg
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Ordered the bearings locally, except for the oddball one, ordered that one and all the seals from Bikebandit.

Thanks
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

All seals for the engine and wheels are still available from my local Yamaha dealer here but get ready to PAY ... they are not cheap. As was pointed out Bike bandit is a good source but you best look your bike over and put together enough parts to warrant their shipping charge. All Balls brand after market bearing sets include the seals.
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
        X