LED plate frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED plate frame?

I was looking around trying to replace the rear flasher lights on my bike (right one got bent when I laid it down), and I came across a license plate holder with LEDs for the brake and turn signals. However, I noticed it only has 1 hot wire for the tail, but the standard hookup on the XS is 2 (one for running, one for brake). I was wondering if it's possible to convert and have both.

Or, if anyone can find replacement mounting stems for a decent price, that would work as well.
    1981 XS1100S (former)
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Hey Mage,

If you could supply the LINK to what you found, then we could look at it and tell you more. However, it sounds like it's only for lighting up when the turn signals or brake lights are on.....the 1 hot wire, but not when just the running lights are on?!

The flasher stalk is available on BikeBandit!
    15: STAY,FLASHER 1 22855-001 $21.41

Partsnmore sells one for the XJ11, I've checked the parts fiche, and they are NOT the same part #, but it might be able to be made to fit the light? Price is right!
    CHROME SIGNAL STEM
    Fits Front and Rear: XJ1100 (1982)

$5.00US EA. Part#11-2166
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Can't get a working link posted, but if you search eBay Express in the Motorcycle Parts and Accessories for "Yamaha XS1100 Aftermarket Light-up License Plate Holder" you should find it. If either this or something similar would work, I'd rather go for the frame than the standard stalks, I just don't want to pay $120 for the plate frame!

...or I could just split the wire and keep my standard brake light and use this as a second running...any thoughts?
      1981 XS1100S (former)
      2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

Working...
      X