Got it Started/need Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it Started/need Input

80XS1100SG with 79XS1100SF carbs. I destroyed the pilot jet tunnel on the original carbs. The bike was not running when I got it.
    1) The carbs where gone through and cleaned.
    2) I installed Pod Filter using Topcats thread with PVC rubber and plastic couplers to clear the inlet ports.
    3) The OCTY has been removed.
    4) New plugs and the jets are original.
    5) Inline fuel filters and shutoff valves. The petcock gasgets are new.
    It idles roughly with partial choke and will stall if the choke (or inricher) is off. If the throttle is increased it get reallly rough but if able to get it to about 4K is a bit better. It does start immediately if stalled.
    Would appreciate some input on what steps to now take to try and smooth things out.

Start with a sync tool. try to get the carbs close, so you can then see what needs to be done. You should be able to get the idle down to 950-1050 once everything is correct.
    Go to the MAIN page, and then down to the repair section to see how the carb work should be done. It will give you the order you need to follow so the carbs are correct, and the bike runs its best.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

It idles roughly
      Ditto what Ray says
      and would check if it's running on all 4.
      Can see if headers are all getting hot or pull plug wires one at a time to see if that cylinder is firing....

mro

Comment

Working...
      X