rear signals/saddlebags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear signals/saddlebags

Iunderstand, when you put the Yamaha bag set on the XS, you have to move the signal lights back to the taillight.

Just wondering if this is the setup used?

Ebay #330151807076
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

maybe...

That will probably work just fine.

I wanted to do the same thing on my Special, but my taillight is tucked right behind the back seat, under the grab rail. It is not at the bottom of the rear fender like a Standard. I thought it might look kinda goofy if the taillight was up there, and the tag and turn signals were located at the end of the fender.

So, I went to a used bike place and the guy found a complete turn signal, taillight and tag assembly off some other bike.

I extended the wires, and now I can put on my soft side saddle bags with no problems. And if I take them off, the bike still looks OK.

I'll put up some pics tonight, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Are you Ukie?

greg
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

ebay #330151807076
      that be the standard set-up

mro

Comment

Ukie?

Thanks, I bought a set of rear signals, last wekk, as my bike has none, and then when I saw these on Ebay, I realized that the ones I bought likely won['t work if I get the hard bags.

The hard bags I have now are Shoei, and the signal lights are on the bags, but I will be replacing them.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Duh, I'm an idiot...

Looking at your name, it looks Ukrainian, which I am.

But sounding it out now, I see that you are a crazy canuk! Clever...

Ukies aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer...

greg
          Gone but never Forgotten:
          1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
          2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
          2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Don't worry Greg, we try to annoy everyone at one time or another!! We have Prom for the really big jobs, and the rest of us fill in when we see a small problem.
            But then, being a native of California, with my family going back to the 1890's, I guess I have my own little quirks..
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I solved the problem two-fold. First, I obtained an all-in-one tail/signal/plate light, removed the licence plate holder/light and installed the all-in-one in its place.
              Secondly, I installed small amber LED lights on the bags themselves with quick disconnect connections spliced into the signal wires located under the seat. Thus, when I want to remove the bags, I just unplug the connectors and take the bags off. Though the stock signals are no longer there, the all-in-one takes over the full duties.
              Works good... looks better and, I end up with two brake light housings, increasing visibility and safety.
              Ron
              1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
              1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
              1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
              1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
              2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

My problem with that is, if I am going to go to the trouble to buy the original luggage, fairing, etc., I want to keep as close to stock as possible, at least looks wise.

I may look at your route, after I get a chance to see how it all works.

I found that signal light setup on Ebay, and if it isn't too expensive, I may buy it.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Originally posted by xsilerating
                  I solved the problem two-fold. First, I obtained an all-in-one tail/signal/plate light, removed the licence plate holder/light and installed the all-in-one in its place.
                  Secondly, I installed small amber LED lights on the bags themselves with quick disconnect connections spliced into the signal wires located under the seat. Thus, when I want to remove the bags, I just unplug the connectors and take the bags off. Though the stock signals are no longer there, the all-in-one takes over the full duties.
                  Works good... looks better and, I end up with two brake light housings, increasing visibility and safety.
                  Ron
                  Might I ask where you got that plate frame and how it sets up? I've got another thread asking about something similar that I found on eBay.
                  1981 XS1100S (former)
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

Working...
                  X