Jardine Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jardine Exhaust

Anything good or bad on this? Anyone have one installed on there bike?

jason

I had a set of Jardine 4 into 2s for several years. They performed very well and were a good replacement for the OEM exhaust. As I recall I did have to do a slight bit of jetting and tuning to get the most form them. But overall, pretty good.
    Mike Giroir
    79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Jardine made both a 4 into 2 and a 4 into 1 system for the XS 11 series. I run a Jardine 4 into 2 system on my XJ.

Pros and cons of the 4 into 2 system:

Some people do not like the looks. The Jardine system is also called the 'spagetti' system as it ties 1 and 3 to the left and 2 and 4 to the right. This creates a visually busy system. Advantage is that the firing pulses are now eveny timed, resulting in - theoretically - better exhaust scavenging.

Most Jardine mufflers have a cross-over tube, a plus for lower end power, and there are different styles available. However, the set I have are longer than the XJ OEM pipes and ride lower, so must be dropped to change the rear tire. Jardine uses a clamp system that does not use any gaskets, so this is not a big issue. Other XS11 models have alsways needed to either drop the pipes or use a tool , included in the tool kit, to hold the rear tire up so the axle shaft would clear the mufflers.

Otherwise the Jardine system is well-made, not much louder than stock, can improve your performance, and allows you to change oil filter without dropping the system. I would not hesitate in recommending a Jardine system to anyone provided you either like or can live with the 'spagetti' appearance up front. (Comments refer to the 4 into 2 system.)
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Here is an example of some Jardine 'Spaghetti' pipes

Click on the pick to see full size

Comment

Working...
        X