Carb swaps????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb swaps????

I have read alot of threads on this and I am seriously interested in doing it. However, I have no idea which carbs off of what bike will work. I can do some minimal adjusting/manufacturing of brackets and throttle cable holders and stuff like that.
    I know it is a tall order, but can anyone maybe come up with a list of make, model, and years of bikes with swappable carbs.
    I am a big ebayer and no one ever lists what size or the spacing of the carbs they are selling, just which bike they are off of.
    Please Help
    "Beware of any man that owns a pig farm"
    "Hence the meaning of the Saying,.. As greedy as a pig"
    79 XS1100 modified standard
    Chain Drive, Monoshock,extendend hand built swingarm, 200 rear
    pod filters,150 mains,45 pilots
    straight pipe 4-2 exhaust
    new to me 05 Kawasaki zxr12r man does she fly
    Owned 83 Honda V65 Magna
    Owned 02 Vstar 650 classic
    owned 85 Honda Shadow VT 700C

I believe Maximan has a set of carbs from an FJ 1100 on his XJ. They fell into place. No mods nedded. They are 36mm vs. 34mm for the XS. His engine has been meticulouly 'massaged' and it can use the extra air flow, but the stock XS doesn't really need it.

Comment

Yeah the XS11 motor doesn't NEED more air/fuel flow but sure TAKES more when offered, I saw pics of maximuns cylinder head, it was a very minor port job, it was still pretty much stock, any power he gained would've been mostly from the 36mm carbs, but Aud, if you do go to the dark side, the XS carb spacing is 78-84-78

Comment

Working...
      X