carbs still trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbs still trouble

i have cleaned out the float bowls and cleaned out the tube .I guess that carries the fuel and has something to do with the choke.The bike is very hard starting and i have to shoot carb cleaner to get it to fire up.I have replaced ed the float bowl gasket on my first carb rebuild.genuine yamaha parts this gasket is a cardboard style as the other ones are rubber seems kinad cheap looking 12.00 cad .The problem is the is always debree in that float bowl.ITS like its from the gasket sealer .IT is the proper one sealer i checked.Next step install carbs again and synch tommorow.ALSO CAN I USE WHITE GREASE ON THE CHOKE SLIDER ITS SEEMS STICKY.Making my home made synch tool today.

BLACKDAWG
    BLACKDAWG

You should put inline fuel filters on if you haven't already. crap in bowls may be coming from gas tank.
    "Beware of any man that owns a pig farm"
    "Hence the meaning of the Saying,.. As greedy as a pig"
    79 XS1100 modified standard
    Chain Drive, Monoshock,extendend hand built swingarm, 200 rear
    pod filters,150 mains,45 pilots
    straight pipe 4-2 exhaust
    new to me 05 Kawasaki zxr12r man does she fly
    Owned 83 Honda V65 Magna
    Owned 02 Vstar 650 classic
    owned 85 Honda Shadow VT 700C

Comment

You can use white grease, I use a silicone lube spray, it's easier. You need to get the lube into the holes in each carb the rod runs through.
      If you still need to squirt carb cleaner to start the bike when cold, the carbs ARE NOT CLEAN!!!! Pull the carbs, look at the "Tech Tips" from the MAIN forum page, and check this thread:
      http://www.xs11.com/forum/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=30
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

carb still truoble

Took off the carbs and cleaned out the bowls .Now she starts and runs on her own,still sounds rough.I ordered the vacuam guage.I pick it up monday and from there i will balance the carbs.I should be riding the beast this week ,cross your fingers guys.

BLACKDAWG
        BLACKDAWG

Comment

I agree that if your getting crap in your bowls then your carbs are not fully cleaned out or your fuel tank is dumping crap into your carbs. So go with the in line fuel line filters and the next time the carbs are off the bike clean them. Do not expect cleaner alone to do the job. Soaking and spraying softens up the crap in the galleries but will not completely remove it. To remove this crap you need to make physical contact with the gallery surfaces. I used spray painting gun cleaning bushes and pipe cleaners. run the brushes and or pipe cleaners through all the galleries. You might be surprised what is hiding in them. Blow every thing out with compressed air with the jets out and again with the the jets in. If you don't have a compressor use compressed air in cans for cleaning computers. Air should flow freely through every gallery. spray a bit of your carb cleaner into the galleries before installing the jets and then blast with compressed air again. You should see a FINE mist from the cleaner exiting the jets at that point. WEAR EYE PROTECTION when doing this.
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
          X