Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey pggg

pggg,
    You have had those Keinlin carbs on for awhile now, right? Would you take a minute and tell us how they are working out. I have been thinking of such a carb change myself.
    Mike Giroir
    79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Hi TAD, the keihin carbs on my XS(1196) are ZRX1100/1200 36mm CVK's, their spacing is very close to the elevens spacing, slight inside trimming of the outer XS manifolds all that's needed for a perfect fit. The extra responsiveness, smoothness and kick in power is quite startling compared to the original BS34's, I can't rave about them enough They perform faultlessly, very refined, at full choke when cold, the motor immediately ticks over smoothly at a low 800 - 1000 revs, fuel economy outstanding at normal cruise speed, and hang on tight at full throttle man! They need re-jetting and slight tweaks to suit the eleven motor of course as they're jetted quite lean as stock ZRX carbs. No doubt other models will perform just as well, Bandit carbs look very similar, the spacing's the main criteria for a fit, the older slingshot GSXR carbs perform great too from various reports, there's also various cable slide options (non CV carbs) CR flatslides or VM type, just a matter of preference, most people wouldn't bother changing anyway as the original BS34's still perform well enough

Comment

Working...
    X