X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qbrainerd2
    Did I mention I despise pulling my carbs out? Just checking [/B]
    You ain't the only one, brother.....

The carbs are the one and only thing I dislike about this bike.
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

So Far, So Good

Well, I took her out last night for a spin, between rain drops. Fired up real nice and ran good. Stopped at two different stores and then home and never had a problem. So I guess if the weather holds, I am going to try and ride to Tawas tonight. I had really hoped to ride it to work and back to make sure it was going to make a longer trip ok, but with a 50% chance of rain this afternoon, I thought I had better not. We'll see how it goes.

So if any of you happening to be travelling north on I-75 north of Flint this evening and you see a red XS11 on the side of the road with a sad looking guy dressed in leather, stop and give a friend a hand, eh!

On another note, what sort of difference in the way it runs should I be looking for after adjusting the float heights?

It runs a little different now, or so it seems. I am not certain how to explain it...it almost seems to run lighter, like it has more aggressive acceleration, but down in the low end of first gear, not so much, maybe stumbles just a hair. Maybe none of it is related, and I HAVE been without her for 4 or 5 days so maybe I forgot what she felt like

Also when I am going hard on the throttle accelerating quickly through the gears (hey, I had to test everything, right) I noticed the RPM's do not seem to drop as low when I change gears; only dropped to between 4000-4500 rpm. This also could be an unrelated non-phenomenon as well. As it is I am LOOKING for even the slightest changes to indicate whether I still have any issues hanging out there, so I may be noticing things that were there before...no guarantees

Thanks for the help!
      "FAITH...Dare to take the journey that begins where the path ends..."

1981 XS1100 Special...Zoom! Zoom!
      1982 XJ650 Maxim...almost out the door...

Comment

Working...
      X