Check out what came in 2nd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out what came in 2nd...

The first loser is listed below the picture.

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmvi...sp?a=3110&z=14

Choose the unknown outcome from below:

1. Redlight

2. Blown engine at the line

3. Wheelie'd over at the line

4. Mid-race crash

5. Forfeit

We may never know, but we do know that it's not possible without some major malfunction.
    Pete J

My guess would be he redlighted.

Comment

Modern Busa versus 28 year old XS11, 28 year old XS11 whips modern Busas' a$$ down the strip, so what's new?

Comment

yeah, I love the 11! However, either something went terribly wrong, or the guy on the XS is a WAY better racer.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Busa's a 10 sec bike, but XS11 is an 11 sec bike, only a second between em' easy meat on a good day..

Comment

Uh, Busa is a 9 second bike. It will pull harder in sixth than an XS will in fourth.

Something broke.

Comment

Most likely explanation is that it is a bracket class and the XS left before the 'busa.

I have beat rail dragsters many times in my Valiant- they ran an 8.90, and I ran on a 10.90 dial in or some such.

Aren't none of you guys drag racers here for real?

Comment

Of course the busa's light years ahead of the poor XS in performance but ha ha left in the dust by an old dunger

Comment

Exactly Cruising, Bracket is about consistency, not ET.

Either the drivers are equal and the XS is more consistent, or the XS driver had a better day, and the bikes ran whatever they run.

Who leaves first should make no difference, if both run thier races.

I love running against slower cars. When they hit half track, the see me far back, assume I was late leaving, or broke or whatever, and often back off.

At 3/4 track I catch them, and it's all over.

If I am up against a faster car, it's harder, as all either of us can do is run our race and hope we hit our dial-in. Although I get faster cars to break out, fairly regularly, as they misjudge my pull to the finish.
                  Last edited by Crazcnuk; 07-22-2007, 04:29 AM.
                  Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                  '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Id say he had to race a few other bikes before the busa . I dont think he had only one race for that trophy. what happend to all of them.
                    Pete J

Comment

Bracket racing.....this was not a heads up race. Consistancy is the key.

Consider that the XS left first and if he cut a good light all he had to do is race to the finish line and not break out. The busa, on the other hand, played catch up which is a lot more work. The busa rider had to cut a good light, keep the front on the ground, probably shift an extra gear, manage the finish line and not break out.

The difference between 11 seconds and 9 seconds is like night and day on the strip and it is probably alot easier to dial in the XS and run more consistantly than the Busa.
                      Mike Giroir
                      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

That is a common misconception about bracket racing.

In actual practice, bracket racing is not about racing the other guy. In fact, your best off to forget he exists.

You know how fast your bike/car runs and you put that number on the 'window'. When the light comes down you launch, run flat out until the finish line. That's it.

If you start trying to 'catch' the other guy, or whatever, you will break out or break.

It makes no difference if the other guy is faster or slower, or launches first, or last. You have to run your race and ignore the other lane. If you get psyched out you will not be very consistent.

You never know if the other guy 'cut a good light' or not until it's all over. The only time you know is if he 'red-lights' off the start, then you can run however you want, as he is already out.

Most bracket racers are set up so that when the light comes down, they mash the pedal to the metal and ride it to the end. No time for guesswork. No playing games.
                        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
                        X