Bigger tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger tanks

I know that this issue has been discussed before, but I couldn'e find the thread... actually I didn't look very hard.

Anyway, I was curious if any of you know of a bigger tank that can be put on my 79 3h3 with little to no mods?

I would just try and find a venture but I like the way the teardrops look... wow I can't belive I said that... anyway I think v-max of some sort was the same but can't remember.

Thanks
    Kurt
    "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Hey Kurt,

I think you're thinking of the Maxim's tank, it's a bit larger than the Special's, but would require a little bit of mod for the way it mounts around the dual upper rails instead of just the single post/bolt of the XS.

I think XSCHop was putting on a Vstar tank, but I thought I had done a search in the Yamaha fiche site, and the stats for them weren't any larger than the specials, since the V-twins get even better mileage than the XS11's, they didn't need to be much bigger!

The Vmax's tank IIRC is under the seat, the "thing" on the frame is just the air intakes and such...dummy tank!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Yeah thats right V-star.
      "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Comment

Working...
      X