Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '78E Mixture screws

Greetings,

Anyone have a set of mixture screws to replace the ones I broke the tips off?

Also, has anyone ever broken the tips off and repaired them?

I also have a few pin holes in two of my diaphragms, anyone know of a repair for these?

Thanks,

Dan (Stralya)
    Automotive Imbecile.
    Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
    '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
    1196 Big Bore Kit.

These issues have been discussed before.
    Use the searh feature to find earlier posts.
    Think Ken and a couple others have repaired diaphrams and TC has mentioned about putting pilot screws into a drill to reshape a point.
    New pilot screws are still available and can also be had with a carb kit (think saw kit at bikebandit)

mro

Comment

Re: '78E Mixture screws

You can reshape it, but for all of the time it might take and the possibility of not getting it right and it either not function like the others (different settings) or it breaking off in the pin-hole because it was not shapened perfectly, I get a new one if there is time. I have a broken one in a carb that does work OK, but it is not screwed out as far as the others. I really think that the center is supposed to make it spray like a cone shape, but what do I know!

Originally posted by Stralya
      Also, has anyone ever broken the tips off and repaired them?

I also have a few pin holes in two of my diaphragms, anyone know of a repair for these?

Thanks,

Dan (Stralya)
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

PS, RTV Ultra Black works to patch hole if you clean the area and daub it only at the hole area.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Thanks Skids,

Believe it or not I managed to source a set of four brand new genuine Yamaha parts ( Part # 2A2-14923-00-00) from my local Yamaha dealership. It turns out that Yamaha Australia had four left! They were AU$30.30 each but there isn't any shipping involved and I can pick them up on Monday.

They also have nine diaphragms as well but at over $150 each, I'll see how I go with repairing mine.

Thanks once again. I'll let you know how it all pans out. I've replaced the cylinders, pistons and rings and had the head serviced so it should go like a rocket.

Dan Tyson (Stralya)
          Automotive Imbecile.
          Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
          '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
          1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Working...
          X