update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update

So I finally got my welder buddy to come round and heat up and bend the oil cooler pipes to make it past my new 4- 1. After he blew a hole in one of them and then spent about an hour making it good again, I was getting seriously excited about riding it later that day.
    However once it was all together - I still hadn't done anything about the snapped exhaust stud on #4, funnily enough it ran quiet with the old 4 - 2 on there - I started it and got the leaky exhaust popping noise from #4 so am now waiting for my left handed drill bit set (sweet deal from a company in Ontario - $54 shipped for a set when the one and only shop in town that had them wanted $25 for one) to sort it out.
    I'm so close to being able to just ride for a while that I can taste it!!
    Incidentally, I am going to paint the tank and panels in the winter - no riding then up here - and have found a place that will do a really nice black metallic powder coat, but that's only good for the tank as I don't believe you can traet the panels like that. I am considering going a different route as I want them to match - shame.
    Si.
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Re: update

Originally posted by SiP
    [...]
    I'm so close to being able to just ride for a while that I can taste it!![...]
    Si.
    I feel your pain. I was saying the exact same thing about a weeks ago.

I just had my first decent ride today on my 80SG. 'bout a 100 miles or so. Some in-town, some out in wide open spaces. Did a couple errands, stopped and visited a couple people. VERY nice day

Just gotta get the front brakes fixed so they don't scare me to death.

Eric
    Eric Roellig
    1980 SG w Windjammer V & KG hard bags
    **Very first bike**
    Current condition: Running!!! Lead, follow or get the #^%# out of my way!!!!!!

Comment

That's funny 'cos my front brakes are scary - but not as scary as she that holds the purse strings if I spend anymore money on my girl just at the moment
      Back brake is outstanding though and the fronts are workable - plus I'm not a knee down kind of rider.
      Si Parker
      '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

oh and I'm waiting for a tkat brace and progressive springs to!
        Si Parker
        '81 XS1100H

Comment

Working...
        X