Finally Finished 1981 XS1100G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Finished 1981 XS1100G

I finally finished rebuilding my 1981 XS1100G. It started out as a Rat bike and now It 's looked and run great. I did most of all the work myself. I have a friend who is a tattoo artist paint the tank and the fenders. I cleaned the frame and repainted it. The motor and trans. was checked out my the saler before I bought it. I cleaned and polished the motor and hubs. New tires and battery, rebuilt peacocks, new blinkers, new rear master cylinder,
    1980 rear caliper, piston and new pads. I had the carburetors rebuilt and syndicated. I found a 1980 handlebars set . All items I used expected for the blinkers are original parts from other bikes.
    I have never rebuilt a bike till this one. Hope you like it. For pictures of my bike go to http://community.webshots.com/user/w...host=community

Nice Flames!! Looks lean and mean!

It's such a good feeling, isn't it? Great job!
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Hmmm an 81 xs11 model G. I have one of those: an 81 H frame with an 80 G wngine in it, but mine has a 78 E gas tank! I was wondering if yours has the "mongo sized" gas tank, 6.2 US gallons. I didn't notice if you has rizers for the bars. If you have the mongo tank, you need original 81H bars, rizers, or turning stops to prevent contact...but you know that for sure! Yes, nice paint my friend!
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Kick Ass paint job! Looks like she'd be a lot of fun to ride.
        2006 Kymco Xciting 250
        1985 Honda VF700C Magna
        1982 Yamaha XJ1100J Maxim

Comment

Those flames need a pinstripe. Maybe a lime green? Great job! Cant wait to post pics of mine after I finish my rebuild!
          80XS11G (heavily modified) "Snot Rokkit"

Deuces Wild
          Custom Paint & Body
          1200 N. Wall Sreet
          Calhoun, GA 30701
          770-608-3779

Comment

Looks great! Where'd you come up with that scoop for the cooler?
            '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

quality

quality work for a quality ride....I'll be over this weekend to break her in .......again, if it will STOP RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%$##@%#%!!!!!!!!!
              MDRNF
              79F.....Not Stock
              80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

1980-1981 1100 G

skids: When I got it the bike from the saler he said it was a 1980, but when I got the title it showed 1981, so I just called it a 1981.
                The gas tank is only 5 gal.s and I using a set of 1978 original
                handlebars. ( not shown )
                Last edited by wbdragon01; 07-13-2007, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Cooler scoop

81xsproject: The scoop was already on the bike when I bought
                  it. All original parts either came form a local shop that has alot of savaged bikes and parts or off E-bay. If you would like me to see of they have a scoop just let me know.

Comment

Comment on Paint Job

Thank to All for the good comments on the paint job. It's just a home done paint job,but my buddy did a great job.

Comment

Brilliant restore job. Wb, the seat pan, on old neglected XS11's, they can be rusted to hell where the foam sits on the pan. The true extent of rust damage hidden from sight even if the exterior looks fine. The foam in there can be damp for years on end. The seat pan edges inevitably crumble and disintegrate if not dealt to. Often too late to repair when too far gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X