Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential GEM!

Hey everyone!!

I was hoping I could get some advice. I've located what I believe to be an XJ1100 and was wanting to know what you folks thought it was worth. The owner abandoned it at a home in the area and I’m currently in the process of finding out who he is so that I can make an offer to buy it. Any and all opions welcome!

Diamond in the rough?
    2006 Kymco Xciting 250
    1985 Honda VF700C Magna
    1982 Yamaha XJ1100J Maxim

Yup, looks like an XJ1100 to me! If it was abandoned, I would offer to properly dispose of it for no cost to him

If it was being sold, I'd wager it's worth about how much the buyer would be willing to pay... which would vary on what type of shape the engine is in... in terms of ballpark where that might be... as low as a couple hundred for unknown engine to maybe close to a grand if the bike is a decent running machine based on how the rest of the bike looks.
    1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
    1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
    http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

I like your suggestion Snow!

"I'll take that off your hands in the intrest of keeping the neighborhood neat and tidy."

I think a couple hundred is all I'd go. Assuming the engine is sound, which is unclear, it's still going to take a few hundred to get it presentable.
      2006 Kymco Xciting 250
      1985 Honda VF700C Magna

Comment

Diamond in the rough

Aren't they all?
        "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Comment

I think you're in the ballpark. Even if the motor is toast, there's enough there to easily make your money back. I'd prefer you just got another motor for it if that's the case (as I hate to see these things parted out) but if someone didn't, people like me wouldn't have a running bike.

Tod
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

title

I see the key is still in the ignition....+1

if no title comes with the bike, deduct 10 points, but add 5 (without mentioning to seller/owner) because last registered plates are still on bike!

non-running/unable to start initial offer.....$200. if title included, add $25-$100 at your discretion. if you find that the owner intended to abandon....offer to pay for title only.

Comment

Well, do have some progress to report. I have a Sedgwick County Sheriff friend who ran the VIN and got me the last registered owner of the bike. I looked him up, only one in town thank goodness and gave him a call. As luck would have it, he was not home but his wife promised to have him call me.

Now here is the kicker, and if we have any legal types on the board, please feel free to weigh in. Since the current person who has possession never registered the bike, he did not get the title transferred to his name. SO, that makes the person my Sheriff friend got me the current legal owner! With any luck, he will just sign the bike over with no hassle!!
              2006 Kymco Xciting 250
              1985 Honda VF700C Magna

Comment

Well, finally got a hold of the actual owner of the bike, unfortunately his asking price of $1000.00 is WAY high in my opinion for a bike in that condition. I made and offer of $250.00 and asked him to let me know. If he accepts, you will be hearing more from me, if not, thanks for all the advice and info.

You folks have a really amazing site here!!
                2006 Kymco Xciting 250
                1985 Honda VF700C Magna

Comment

$1000 for XJ1100

I paid $1000 for a XJ1100 . It ran rough , had bad brakes and had questionable frame mods . It had custom paint inc frame custom single seat ,custom signals and good tires . I was able to get a safety cert from friends and have spend some time tuning it up ( with lots of help) . Turns out someone took pretty good care of it . I don't regret this purchase one bit . This bike rocks and looks great . Hope if this bike doesnt come through for you that another will . Axel
                  XJ1100K
                  Avon rubber
                  MikesXS black coils
                  Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
                  MikesXS front master
                  Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
                  Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
                  Progressive fork springs
                  CIBIE headlight reflector
                  YICS Eliminator

Comment

Re: $1000 for XJ1100

Sounds like you made out there Axel! Unfortuately, this bike has sat for 9+ years and wont even roll little lone run! It's going to take close to a grand to get is street worthy again. $2000.00 is more then I'm willing to pay for a bike that old.

Originally posted by Axel
                    I paid $1000 for a XJ1100 . It ran rough , had bad brakes and had questionable frame mods . It had custom paint inc frame custom single seat ,custom signals and good tires . I was able to get a safety cert from friends and have spend some time tuning it up ( with lots of help) . Turns out someone took pretty good care of it . I don't regret this purchase one bit . This bike rocks and looks great . Hope if this bike doesnt come through for you that another will . Axel
                    2006 Kymco Xciting 250
                    1985 Honda VF700C Magna

Comment

Just for fun I did a Kelly Blue Book lookup to see what retail would be.

1982 Yamaha XJ1100 Maxim
                      4-Cylinder
                      4-Stroke
                      1100cc
                      Suggested Retail Value $1385 The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.
                      2006 Kymco Xciting 250
                      1985 Honda VF700C Magna

Comment

XJ11 trivia

Interesting . I must say your pictures have answered some questions I had about my XJ11 . I've never seen a stock one in person .
                        Thanks . Axel
                        XJ1100K
                        Avon rubber
                        MikesXS black coils
                        Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
                        MikesXS front master
                        Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
                        Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
                        Progressive fork springs
                        CIBIE headlight reflector
                        YICS Eliminator

Comment

A couple hundred That is how is STARTS! Then the love kicks in...
                          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
                          X