XJ1100 Owners Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ1100 Owners Manual

Can anybody point me in the right direction?
    I just purchased a used 1982 XJ1100 and would like to obtain a copy of the owners manual.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Roy.

Welcome to the gang Roy.

Here is a link to Mike's thread with info on how to obtain the XS/XJ 1100 cd rom.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=974 It is excellent.

Also Clymers has a manual for the XS,Link Here but I don't know for sure about the XJ.

Also check Ebay there are manuals there for sale from time to time.

Hope this helps.
    Ride Safe
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

XJ manual is still available at your local Yamaha dealer AFAIK. $40 or so.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Just to clarify....There are 2 manuals. The Owner's Manual is a smaller book that outlines the controls, routine maintenance, and some technical data, such as what grade oil to use at what temps. It came with all XJs sold. As far as I know, this manual is not available new from a dealer; you will have to find one in a bone yard or on eBay.

What is available from your dealer (will have to be ordered, most likely) is the Yamaha shop manual, which has repair procedures, covers routine maintenance, wiring diagrams, and other information you need to keep your bike in good repair. Neither Haynes or Clymers published an after-market manual for the XJ. While similar in many was to the XS, differences in wiring, carb specs, the XJ's digital readout instrument panel, and other differences, using an XS manual for an XJ can be frustrating.

The CD referenced in an earlier post has both the manual and the microfiche, which is the little plastic card that lists all part numbers and shows exploded drawings with part numbers. (The shop manual does not include part numbers.) To be covered both ways, get some or all of the following:

Factory shop manual
        microfiche (about $5.00 from Zanotti motors)
        XS-XJ CD-ROM (you can print out individual manual and 'fiche pages)
        Microfiche reader ($5.00 and up, typically $25.00 or so at used office furniture stores, or check you local library for public availability)
        Owner's Manual

Although the Owner's Manual is nice to have, it is the least useful when it comes time to actually repair your bike. None of these sources is perfect for all things, but between them you are pretty well covered. Don't overlook the TechTips on this site!

I'll get the literature number off my XJ shop manual and post it here as well; always nice to go to a dealer with part numbers in hand.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Thanks for the info guy's,
          I have sent an email to Rob about the CD to determie if it contains the Owners manual.

I already have a copy of the Yamaha Service Manual which I purchased from a local dealer.

Thanks again for you help!

Roy.

Comment

Welcome Tshooter, I have an original xj owners manual and can burn off a copy, so send me your address to soccer4m@tns.net and we'll hook you up. The xj maxim's are great bikes so keep it going.........Mike in san diego, 82 xj1100j maxim
            mike
            1982 xj1100 maxim
            1981 venture bagger
            1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
            1959 wife

Comment

Working...
            X