Satellite bike tunes with amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satellite bike tunes with amplifier

I've enjoyed sirius satellite radio for a few years now but recently had to replace my receiver with a new one. It SUCKED!!!

I had no problems with the old unit transmitting to an fm radio but the new receivers are very low powered and static is common. Their recommendation is to use the sound out jack to a car radio or purchase a direct connect antenna adapter. Both poor solutions for a bike.

Anyway, I found a great amplifier made for bikes that is affordable. This amp has 3 inputs, standard stereo headphone jacks, and one output for headphones. The sound level from the sirius unit is now more than adequate to overcome bike and road noise. It is a 12 volt unit so you don't have to carry batteries and it has a separate volume control.

I read a lot of comments about this unit and can't recall seeing anything negative about the quality or customer service. A link if you're interested:

http://www.electric-avenues.com/amplirider.html

or

http://www.electric-avenues.com/

I had considered the Mixit unit from aerostich but the remote volume control and price clinched my decision to the amplirider.

My 2 cents if you are seeking a good amplifier for your ride.

Next project - Since the fuel tank mounted laptop didn't work out well (not fuel or vibration proof) I'm working on a GPS/moving map display for a cheap PDA. The object is to link scanned maps and DRGs (digital topos). Hate to contemplate the addition of these units to the rats nest of wiring inside my fairing.

Rob

sat radio

I also have a Sirius satellite radio on my bike. Though I have had no problems with the antennna adapter or the direct connect jack it is nice to know there is another way besides the fm signel or old tape adaptor. If anyone else is getting tired of hunting for good stations or listening to the same old tapes or cds on a long across state ride. give satellite a try, especially on a long over night ride.
    Fastmover
    "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
    lion". SHL
    78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
    X