Turn Signal Mounting Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Signal Mounting Bracket

I purchased a 1980 xs11g with 11k a month ago. The bike is in great shape and is in full dress with a Vetter Windjammer and Vetter hardbags. I have added 1200 trouble free miles (37.2 mpg) and plan to add several thousand more this summer. I would like to take the fairing off. I have located a headlight and signals, but can't find the signal brackets that mount to the forks. Any ideas? I can fabricate the mounts if I need to. I am also looking for the reverse thread, retaining nut for the right hand mirror. Parts (and Yamaha dealers) are scarce in NE Oregon.

The bike has been great. Runs smoothly, very strong, and looks almost new. Only immediate future mods will be progressive springs and some different handlebars.

It's good to be back on a bike.

The headlamp mounts via fork brackets,( or ears ). They mount between the triple tree brackets. The forks must move outta the way, or the top of the triple tree must be removed to mount the ears. The headlamp bucket then mounts to the ears and is held on via the turn signals. I have a set, they have a little bit of surface rust. You can have them, just pay shipping and PM me an address, but, if your bike is looking as good as you say, you may only want to use them as a last resort. I would get in contact with andreas for a better part. If you were unaware, he is a member here.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Thank you for the offer. It is appreciated. I have the headlight mounting brackets and can mount the signals there in a pinch. On this model the signals mounted on a bracket lower on the forks.

Comment

Hey Jim,

Glad to see you finally made it here! You'll have to forgive Czekus, he's under the influence of strong pain meds due to recent back troubles!

Yeah, those brackets are MIA, I don't think they are listed on BikeBandit, just checked, they ARE DISCONTINUED. They have a parts fiche that you can view for looking for OEM parts, and IF they show a part number and reasonable price....not $999.99 then it's still available from Yamaha! But like you said, might be easier and cheaper to make your own!

Welcome, and check out the HOW TO POST PHOTOS in the HOW TO Forum, and then go to the MEMBER's Forum and reply to the BIKE PHOTOS thread recently bumped to the front! WE LOVE PICTURES!!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
        X