Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we have contact

sferintexas got it running!
    Terry had come over and assesed the problem the carbs were shot and seafoam was not going to cut it. The first day he rode his bike over and showed me how to remove the carbs and start to take them apart to clean them. I tried to get them clean but it was not up to par so terry took them home and ordered what we needed and put them together. When he came back he showed me how to remove the front calipers he showed me how to clean them ad put it back together. I will attempt to do the back calipers.
    He then rebuilt my mcylynder and started to bleed them. Once he got the carbs on they fired up on the first push of the button hr did the sync and timing and put the meters on a couple of items sferintexas turned out to be quite a mechanic I only hope that I can retain aliitle of the know how that he shared with me. He came over on july 4th and we just ran out of time before we knew it it was seven pm and we were dog tired. I know I was! I had a good time and learned quite a lot Thank's sferintexas you are awesome. We still have some more things to do but we got her running. I did take some picture I am not sure if they will come out. Thanks Agian! Terry and all the people on the site I do know I would have been overwhelmed with out Terry's expertise.

Tonio

tonio
    81 xs eleven special

Treat the experts who are willing to spend their time to keep our bikes running like the treasures they really are. I don't have any experience with any other bike site because when I first test rode my 80G three years ago, there was no question what I would continue to ride until I get too old and feeble to feel the rush that taking my bike out always seems to provide. Some day you will be able to pass on what you have learned to a new XSive and that will complete the circle. Finish your tune up and ride it like you stole it!!!
    80 G "The Beast"
    81 H "The Dresser"
    79 XS650 II
    82 650 Maxim
    70 DT-1 Enduro
    66 Honda CL-77 Scrambler
    96 H-D Road King

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Working...
    X