Progressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive

I found the link to the progressive website in tech tips, but when i tried to find a dealer they all seem to be Harley dealerships - I want to steer clear of those if possible as (obviously) they don't know much at all about bikes (I always tell people when they question my choice of bike "Why buy a Harley when you could actually own a real motorbike").
    So my question is: Where did you guys buy your front springs? How much do I expect to pay? What spec rear shocks (there's too many choices for me to work it out lol) do I want?
    OK I know that's three questions - sorry.
    Thanks
    Simon
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Fork springs - MAW online:

http://www.accwhse.com/progress.htm#Fork%20springs

$50 plus $12 shipping.

Patrick
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Thanks Succubus. There's still an awful lot of cjoices there though - which is the one for me? How do I know what is the right size?

Simon
      Si Parker
      '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

Hey Simon,
        On the ACCWHSE site, at the top, there is a link to the Progressive site, clicked on Metric, then on the year/make/model and this is what they showed!

There's a tech tip about which progressive rear shocks to use, I'll post a link to it at the end of this post in a minute once I find it!
        T.C.

Front Suspension Product Type Fork Spring
        Fork Spring 11-1110

Notes 10 No spacer is required.

Rear Suspension Product Type 12.5" Spring Kit
        12 Series 12-1201B
        03-1368B/C

12 Series HD 03-1365B/C

18 Series 18-1005
        04-1452B/C

18 Series HD 04-1459B/C

412 Series 412-4207C

412 Series HD 412-4214C

416 Series 416-1601A

418 Series 418-1007C

418 Series HD 418-1016C

Notes A1 Travel limiters required: .25". Order #30-5013
        TÜV Some or all shocks listed have TÜV approval. Refer to the most recent TÜV certificate for current listing.
        BOLD TEXT denotes that this is the STANDARD FACTORY SIZE.

HD indicates that part numbers in this row are Heavy Duty applications for this bike model. Heavy Duty Applications are recommended for bikes that are operated at or near the manufacturer’s maximum load rating over 50% of the time.

Before purchasing longer than stock shocks, confirm that your wheel travel can be extended without causing clearance issues such as, swingarm/axle to exhaust contact as well as chain/belt guard contact.
        Rider Magazine Article, how to make the XS11 Handle better!

Unless you intend to do a lot of 2 up riding, then I think the Progressive rear shocks are a bit much!$$$ You can get decent Monza brand ones from MikesXS, PNM for about $80.00 a pair, and they work very well! IT's your money!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Once again - awesome. Thanks.
          Si Parker
          '81 XS1100H

Comment

and........... they're ordered!
            Si Parker
            '81 XS1100H

Comment

Working...
            X