No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all,
    I just bought a xs 11 special from a kid here in wmass. After draining 10qts of oil out of it and draining the pipes it runs very good for a miss used 79. I try to buy up old nt wanted bikes as a hobby being retired and rebuild them cheeply to sell cheep to people who cant aford harleys, lol. also to new riders.I my self ride a 82 Virago and plan to ride the 11 soon.
    I'm happy to be a member of this club and you will be hearing from me again.
    RC

Welcome to the XS world! 10 quarts! I'll bet is smelled of fuel. Sounds like leaking carb needles to me. Good luck with it and If you search the tech tips here you should be able to find just about anything you need to know about an 11. And really glad to meet another person that enjoys resurrecting old jap bikes. It kind of becomes an obsession doesn’t it?
    wingnut
    81 SH (Daily Ride)
    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

10 qts

No wingnut the kid that owned it could't see oil in the glass sooooooooooo he kept adding oil.lol

Comment

Better that than gas. Glad you caught it. It is kind of hard to see clean oil in that site glass.
        wingnut
        81 SH (Daily Ride)
        81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
        81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
        82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
        81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

My EX did that to a car, 14 qts, man was I upset, the thing was on this car you pulled the DIPSTICK to put in oil, she didn't realize it
          1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
          "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
          My Photo Bucket

Comment

Is that why she's the ex?
            1981 XS1100SH

Comment

Hi-jacking the thread......

SORRY, mrc45,

NO, that's not the reason......

The reason...............SHE WAS TURNING TRICKS FOR TREATS
              1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
              "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
              My Photo Bucket

Comment

Working...
              X