Vetter web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetter web site

Brian Shepley posted this link over at the Yahoo sites. I thought it would be of interest here as well.

Bill.... can we get the tech tip updated with this link?

http://www.craigvetter.com/index.html
    Dave Hogue
    1978 XS1100E "Sticky Fingers" (down, but not out)
    1986 Honda Shadow VT1100C "Phacops" (the everyday ride)
    1982 Honda CB750 Custom (the toy)
    Kennesaw, GA
    home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-dwhogue
    updated November 22, 2001

Vetter

Now if only we could get him to make us a Triumph Hurricane kit for the XS11
    XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
    Guzzi 850
    Z1000

Comment

Thanks for the post

I emailed CV a question about a competitors fairing the next day and got an answer from him that night. What a guy, customer service 20+ years after the fact.

I asked the question in this forum a while back and nobody had ever heard of Motion Trends fairings. CV sez they were another copycat that went under after being in business for a short time. I'm still looking for a turn signal lens for the dam thing. It's been missing for maybe 15 years and still driving me crazy. Like I told Craig, shoulda bought a Vetter in the first place.
      Bob

Comment

What tech tip do you want the link added to? Send me a link or name/section tip is in. Thanks!
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Here it is... thanks!

http://www.xs11.com/tips/modifications/mods16.shtml
          Dave Hogue
          Kennesaw, GA

Comment

The old xs11 website tips are no longer updated but that tip exists here on the forum and I added the link for you.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=170

Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

A quick addendum...

I bought a set of lowers for the Kawasaki Vetter which carried the tag "Type 57". These lowers will not fit the Vetter IV or SS, as there is a difference in the spacing of the mounting holes.

I don't know if there are any other differences between the Kawasaki and 'stock' Vetter fairings, but the lowers, at least, are not interchangeable without modification to Vetters fairings up through the IV and SS models.

I would be interested, if anyone out there has one, what the lower bolt spacing is on the Vetter Windjammer V. I have heard it is different than the earlier models, and may be the same as the Kawasaki. (The Kawasaki holes are farther apart.) Have not been able to confirm this, though. If true the Vetter V and Kawasaki lowers may interchange.

If anyone needs a set of Kawasaki lowers, contact me.......
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Jerry, I have a Vetter, in storage, but the lowers are on the front porch. How do I tell which fairing I have? III, IV, V???
                Marty in NW PA
                Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

A picture of the IV and V are at the tech tip linked on Gary's post, above.
                  Dave Hogue
                  Kennesaw, GA

Comment

Not a real expert on this...

The IV and SS are the same unit with diferent decals. Both feature a soft cover on the left-hand storage pocket and a lockable cover on the right. The V unit has a distinctive 'mask' around the headlight. Earlier units (1, II ?) did not have the built-in turn signals. The III is the transition unit, not sure how to tell it apart from the others. I know the least about it, perhaps others can give more information. Believe it is similar to the IV but did not have the stock locking cover, had 2 soft covers instead.

All units could be had with different height windshields and portholes for extra ventilation, so not easy to tell based on windshield configuration.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I guess I have a IV or SS, since I have a soft left cover and lockable right. Got a photo on that other XS channel in their photo section. Marty's something...

The bolt spacing on my lowers, beginning with the bolt hole nearest your knee, from the 1st to the 2nd is 4 7/16", the middle to the 3rd is 4 1/2. Odd the difference, maybe this was patched up in a past life? Mounts with no problems.

Hope this helps.
                      Marty in NW PA
                      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                      X