I need new tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need new tires

Any suggestions on new rubbers for my XJ? Where can I get em? How much? I thought of going for a thinner (meaning not as tall)front tire. I think it might look more aggressive. Is their any benefit/downfall to this? What different sizes are available for front and back. Sorry for so many questions. I wish their was a tech tip for this. Or did I miss it?
    Nathan

Oh crap. I just read TC's reply to snowdog51's question about tires (just a few threads down from mine). So never mind my questions unless you see any originals.
    Nathan

Comment

Hey Nath,

Relax, that's only 1 strike! It's just that Tires and Oil and Fuel/octane have been discussed ad infinitum, and a few searches here can reveal lots of info, opinions, etc.!

In the LINKS section on the second page you will findTHIS TIRE LINK which has most of the major manufacturers web sites, as well as the online places to buy them, happy hunting.

The problem with a shorter sidewall profile tire is that those are mostly for/in the radial design, and our machines run bias ply, Xcept for PGGG ! And going for a smaller diameter RIM would then lead to other problems with your speedo calibration, as well as reduced ground clearance! However, you might be able to find a bias design with a shorter sidewall height, YMMV!?
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Did the searches and with some advice went with the bridgestone spitfires. Very happy with them! Ive been out the last few days scrubbing them in and so far I really like them. Great looks seemingly good performance. was able to lean the bike a bit today with confidence. Oh yeah price was good too.

Comment

Working...
        X