Holy $H!TZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy $H!TZ

Just installed a 4-2-1 exhaust of uncertain pedigree, and Great ZOT that thing has a hit to it.
    Definite shift upwards of the powerband, the front got a bit light at about 6K. Almost like my Maico 490 when it gets up on the the pipe, tries to blow me off the back.
    Scares dogs and small children too!

Bonus is, I can keep the centerstand.

Thanks Andreas!
    Last edited by oseaghdha; 06-26-2007, 07:52 PM.
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

Okay,

Is this a special 4 into 2 into 1 pipe, or a regular 4 into 1?? Just wanted to be specific. Yeah, I've had a 4-1 on mine for as long as I can remember, and the power band is right where you found it, 6K +! Enjoy....safely!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

No TC, not special. Just a 4 in-2 1. Have no idea who made it, no marks anywhere.
      I got it so I can ride while I overhaul my OEM pipes. I may just fix them and hang em on the wall now.
      I guess I should revisit the jetting though. This thing has about a 4 or 5 inch diameter megaphone end with a straight through Cherry Bomb type "muffler" section, so its very low on back pressure. No baffles at all. I am running 137.5 jets.

I have the stock airbox (undrilled), but the performance is very crisp, so I don't think it is overly lean right now. Cooler weather may need a bump in the jets. It hits 6-6.5 K and flat takes off. Runs strong all the way to redline, and just howls.

I was blind, but now I see!
      XS1100SF
      XS1100F

Comment

Let's see a pic of the Maico.

Ed
        79 XS1100SF
        78 YZ400E
        81 SR500
        79 RM250
        77 YZ400D
        05 RM250