Triple Tree Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Tree Seal

I pulled the front end off my 79 Special to replace the triple tree (steering head) bearings. There is a seal on the bottom of the lower bearing. This seal was in bad shape by the time I get the bearing off. The local bearing supply can get me the bearings but not the seal. I called Yamaha and they told me that the bottom bearing was discontinued. Anybody know of a source for this seal?
    #1 ’79 XS11 Special
    #2 ’79 XS11 Special
    '97 V-Max
    '01 Dyna T-Sport

triple tree

Personally,I think your yamaha dealer doesn't want to look through the old parts fiches.I bought a bearing set just last week for a customers bike.(had the dust seal you speak of)It is just a dust seal though.

Comment

Bob, the following are Timken bearing numbers, and you are correct, any bearing supply house should be able to get them for you, but not the seal as the seal is sold as part of the original bearing.

Top: 32005X 92KA1
      Bottom: 32006X 92KA1

This is the OEM bearing number from Koyo, and it comes with the seal.

KOYO part (original) Hi-cap 32006JRRS-2

Check on their website for a supplier near you. They were very helpful when I inquired, directed me right to a Koyo supplier here.

http://www.koyousa.com/
      Brian
      1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
      1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
      remembering the same thing!

Comment

Thanks to both of you for the info. The bearing supplier supposedly try to get KOYO. I'll try them direct and may stop in at the Yamaha dealer to help them look up the part. Just called them the last time.

Thanks Again,
        Bob
        #1 ’79 XS11 Special
        #2 ’79 XS11 Special
        '97 V-Max
        '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Working...
        X