CDI Connection - Hitachi TID14-01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI Connection - Hitachi TID14-01

Hi, I'm from Bogota - Colombia in South America, there is only two XS 1.100 in my country and I'm the owner of one of them (1979). I bought this bike in a work shop in three carton boxes a year ago; some parts are missed, others has died or broken, I purchased many of those original parts to complete the restoration process.

ebay is a great source of replacement parts, I bought the CDI (Ignition Unit), but actually I have a big problem with it.

the CDI is a Hitachi TID14-01.

I'm trying to find on Internet an "electrical diagram" of this CDI to improve the pin connections but it has been imposible. I found this site and think you people are the most indicated to help me with my problem.

My bike is now running using points (as an old car) but I'm having to many problems: High temperature, loose of speed, etc... I really need the correct connection instructions to install the CDI and avoid all of this problems.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

PD. I'm so sorry for my english, I need too much practice.
    Last edited by javisegura; 06-19-2007, 10:44 AM.
    javisegura

Check this link out

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...threadid=10660

On this page there are links to different wiring diagrams. You didn't say if the bike is a standard or special model but both versions are on this link.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

How I know if my bike is Standard or Special? because I bought it without literature and the property papers only says "Yamaha XS 1.100".

Thank you very much for the info, I'll consult the link immediately
      javisegura

Comment

The standard model has a square headlight, square turn signals and insturments. Fuel tank is also somewhat square in overall appearnce. On the special model the head light, turn signals and insturments are round. the fuel tank is tear drop shaped. Other differences include the handlebars, the way the front brake calapers are mounted to the forks, the steering head angle.
        OH seat on standard is also long and flat while on the special the seat is steped and wider then it is long.
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

ROB thank you very much, my bike is Special then...

I saw the wiring diagrams you post to me, but they are not so clear... I mean: All the CDI's in the diagrams have less connectors than mine and don't show if the inner cable goes up or down.

Thank you.
          javisegura

Comment

JAVISEGURA;

I THINK THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR:

TCI PINOUT DIAGRAM

It's in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format

Comment

Randy,

OMFG!!!!

..... thank you very much... That's what I needed... you finished more than 3 months of internet searching....

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... again.
              javisegura

Comment

If the picture you have on your site...

is actually your bike... then I believe it's a European standard model... not a Special... There was a European sport model... but I'm not certain of the differences...
                (please, someone correct if I'm wrong)

Do you have a picture? It might help to identify it now in case you have any future questions that might be model specific?

(Tiene una foto de su motocicleta?)
                My Spanish isn't so good (neither is my English)... so please don't apologize for your English... I was very impressed.
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

This is a pretty bad picture of my bike, my girlfriend and I ... As I said... there are only 2 bikes on my country and the parts are very difficult to find and very exprensive, my intention is restore it 100% original, in the picture you can see many parts from other bikes. I will take some others with better resolution.

FYI: Aprox costs of this job in my country.

Bike cost: U$ 2.000 in three carton boxes.
                  Painting : U$ 200
                  Rims and brake discs rectifing: U$ 200
                  Wheels: U$ 150
                  CDI: U$ 50
                  Timing parts: U$ 60
                  Ignition Coils: U$ 60
                  Man hours: half of my last year time.... ha ha ha...

All the stetic parts is the next step: side covers, air box, orange reflectors, rubbers, original seat.... once I install the CDI.
                  Last edited by javisegura; 06-19-2007, 03:51 PM.
                  javisegura

Comment

Working...
                  X