Vetter fairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetter fairings

While looking at fairing on ebay i see alot of them for other makes of bikes. My question is if i get one that used to be on a Suzuki or a Honda can i mount them on my bike if i get the mounting brack that will fit my 80 XS11 MNS. Also where would one get these brackets to fit an 80 XS11 MNS ???

Thanks Gerard
    04 Roadstar (starglide)
    80 midnight special

You can usually find one floating around on ebay. But several guys have made their own.

And Windjammer will fit almost any UJM. The Eleven is no exception.

Comment

fairing

i will send you a 80 yamha fairing for 25.
      plus shippin.
      bill 6516469443
      bill hane

Comment

Uh...yes and no. A few of the Kawasaki (aka Vindicator) fairings use different (optional) lowers than the 'standard' Windjammer fairings. Then again, the Windjammer 5 uses different lowers also.

Vetter (and main rival Pacifico) sold their system as 2 parts, fairing, which is pretty much universal, and a model-specific mount. There has been some discussion as to the universality of the XS11 mount, at least 1 member claims there are differences. Have not seen it myself.

For a good discussion about various model Veter fairings (models, differences, chronology) and accessories, see:
        Craig Vetter Fairings

Getting the bracket, and also the 'pigtail' that conects the Vetter to your bike's harness are the two big problems. Check with eBay, boneyards, this list, and be patient. You will locate the parts eventually.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Re: fairing

Originally posted by snowdog51
          i will send you a 80 yamha fairing for 25.
          plus shippin.
          bill 6516469443
          Got any pics ??? Can you tell me what model & how much shipping 17602 rxracer84@comcast.net

Gerard
          04 Roadstar (starglide)
          80 midnight special

Comment

An added thought about the Vetter web site. It has some instructions and even some parts. I bought the rubber mounts for my trunk from them a few years ago.
            78E ... Gone but not forgotten
            2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

the windjammer variations never changed mounting points, you will need a bracket for the xs1100
              but don't used the i think 81 pacifico bracket which is made for the pacificao fairing specific and won't adapt to the windjammer, so the sequence is:

patience

buy bracket low 25 high 50

buy fairing,

and make sure you have the electrical connection that would save you to make your own
              "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
              History
              85 Yamaha FJ 1100
              79 yamaha xs1100f
              03 honda cbr 600 f4
              91 yamaha fzr 600
              84 yamaha fj 1100
              82 yamaha seca 750
              87 yamaha fazer
              86 yamaha maxim x
              82 yamaha vision
              78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

fairings

i dont have acamera buts its the nicest
                25.$ fairing ever . shipping should be less than 50.
                as ever bill
                bill hane

Comment

pacifico bracket which is made for the pacificao fairing specific and won't adapt to the windjammer
                  Actually, there was a kit to adapt the Pacifico bracket to the Windjammer fairing. Kit consisted of 2 metal flat pieces with countersunk holes, 1 set fit in the Pacifico mount and the fit the Vetter fairing. Bolt the parts to the Vetter first, then drop the assembly on the Pacifico bracket. The Pacifico (Swanee-Pacifico) factory burned down about 3 (?) years ago and the owners decided not to re-open. However, until that time, and in their last catalog which I have somewhere, the adapter kits were available for about $25.00. My guess is that it would not be that difficult to fabricate the adapter plates yourself.
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Re: fairings

i dont have acamera buts its the nicest
                    25.$ fairing ever . shipping should be less than 50.
                    as ever bill
                    A picture is wourth a thousand words. Can you discribe it to me Like scuffs? cracks? windshield ? scratched? what kind of headlight does it have (7" round or rectangular) (color don`t matter) I know for $25 buck i shouldn`t be so choosy but after shipping & fixing it up & such it might cost big in the long run

Gerard
                    04 Roadstar (starglide)
                    80 midnight special

Comment

fairing

send me shipping. then if you like it send
                      me what you think is fair. it just needs to be waxed .then it will be shiney maroon 80 yamaha maroon. bill 651/646/9443
                      bill hane

Comment

send me shipping. then if you like it send
                        me what you think is fair. it just needs to be waxed .then it will be shiney maroon 80 yamaha maroon. bill 651/646/9443
                        Can you tell me if the headlight is round . That deal sounds fair if you want to let me know shipping to 17602. I`m going back to work tomorrow so if you don`t here from me in a couple of days don`t worry (truck driver)
                        04 Roadstar (starglide)
                        80 midnight special

Comment

fairing

yamaha fairing is rect. you use your len and ring off your standard the has the rect
                          turn signals in it.i also have vetter mark iv
                          eith built in turn signals but i want 50.for that one its almost perfect its black.
                          you should call me as ever bill
                          bill hane

Comment

yamaha fairing is rect. you use your len and ring off your standard the has the rect
                            turn signals in it.i also have vetter mark iv
                            eith built in turn signals but i want 50.for that one its almost perfect its black.
                            you should call me as ever bill
                            Well thanks but i have a Midnight special so it won`t work with my headlight & a rect wouldn`t look right on it. Thanks for the offer though
                            04 Roadstar (starglide)
                            80 midnight special

Comment

Working...
                            X