Choke question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke question

I changed the vacuum line coming out of the pickup coil- rerouted it as per the previous thread.Now when i pull out the choke, the bike idle doesnt seem to rev higher.Are my not doing something right?The choke was normal before when the vacuum line went to carb closest to pickup assembly.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Hey OldYam80SG,

You may be confusing symptoms and cause/effect?

You shouldn't have to pull the choke/enrichener out once the bike is warmed up, and once it is warmed up, it can even cause the bike to run slower or die due to flooding?

With your carbs and vacuum adv. lines hooked up wrong before, you could have experience some uneven vacuum levels and pulling the choke lever could have accentuated that imbalance similar to being out of vacuum synch, and causing the idle to rise!?

Your choke/enrichener circuit may also be dirty, cause you have to separate the carbs form the rack to get the plunger out.

Can you still start the bike cold with the enrichener pulled out, and does the idle slowly climb as it warms up, or what are the symptoms and situation....more details!?
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TopCat when the bike is stone cold i pull out the choke and wait maybe 20 to 30 seconds then i push it in halfway wait 15 seconds then i push it in the rest of the way.RPM's climb only a little and then i push the choke in some and wait then all the way in.Either way steady idle not at all does it feel like it will die or lose power.RPMs 1 to a little past the 1.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      xschop K & N air filter setup
      Dynojet Recalibration kit
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
      X