E-Bay saddle bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Bay saddle bags

ok, so happy fathers day to me, my wife has let me buy some saddle bags off ebay. Hey don't laugh...I spent all my money to buy the bike already, so cheep saddle bags will have to do. I have looked around a couple of times, and seem to have found these two basic groups of bags.

1. used saddle bags that came off of who knows what that someone did not want any more.

2. New saddle bags that look good in on the picture, but are WAY cheaper than some brand name that I would find locally or in J&P.

Does anyone have any experience with used bags, or cheap ones from E-bay? pro's con's etc? I would really like a set because I ride my bike to work every day that I possibly can if I think that it wont rain on me.
    '79 XS11 Special
    Semper Fi

Ebay

I saw a listing on Ebay yesterday. My only advice would be to try to find some that are from an XS11 and in repairable shape.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

I bought a cheap set of leather bags that don't look too bad on the XJ. They can be installed or removed in a few minutes and are pretty large so can hold lots of crap. I think they were $45. I originally saw them in an ebay store but ended up buying them from the vendors web site. They were from moto-direct usa. I was pleased with the quality of the bags especially for the price. Hope this helps.
      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I like the soft saddle bags that can be put on the bike when needed for a trip.
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

SWMBO used to run with a set of soft bags back when she was on her XJ650. They were the kind made from the hides of the genuine nauga beasts. They were pretty easy to slip on and off the bike, they leaked water in through the tops when it rained, and they tended to melt and go a little weird if they came in contact with the mufflers. Other than that, they were pretty good.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

made from the hides of the genuine nauga beasts

Hi Ken,
            are the nauga beast hides anything like Pleather skins

mro

Comment

bags

i have some shoeis on ebay dark maroon
              80g color.they arn't going to sell.the no.is
              270140314485 see them there if you like them eme they fit standards pefect and look good wife sez to hard get on bike with them on.

as ever bill
              bill hane

Comment

Working...
              X