I,m new owner xs11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I,m new owner xs11

I'm a proud owner of xs1100 but already having problems @ hi - way speed won't produce the power after 5000 rpm's. I have changed intake to carb boots will try to adjust carbs. Unless you been there done that and would care to advice me.

Could be any number of things

Most of which are dirty carbs.
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

Comment

Carb cleaning, then a carb sync. That should get you going!
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Kinked fuel line maybe
        wingnut
        81 SH (Daily Ride)
        81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
        81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
        82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
        81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Re: I,m new owner xs11

Originally posted by westeddie06
          I'm a proud owner of xs1100 but already having problems @ hi - way speed won't produce the power after 5000 rpm's. I have changed intake to carb boots will try to adjust carbs. Unless you been there done that and would care to advice me.
          Hey Eddie,

Sorry, but I don't speak Canuck?

I can't tell whether you've replaced your Engine to Carbs Intake manifolds, OR..the carbs to Airbox Intake or even Pod filters???

IF you have pod filters on there, some generic ones have prominent lips around the mounting area that can restrict airflow and cause them to run poorly at higher rpms!

We need more background info on the bike to be able to better provide troubleshooting tips, like was it stored a long time, or was it a runner when you got it? What if any mods have been done to it, intake, exhaust?

HAVE YOU READ THRU the tech tips for the basic maintanence procedures, tuning, adjustments, etc?

I didn't check your profile, but it helps to edit your signature to include year/model of XS11, tips can be model specific!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
          X