Back at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back at it again

Well, after several weeks interrupt, I'm back. Still gotta timeshare. I have a tree stump to grind out, a deck that needs staining, etc... BUT: I'm trying to make sure I devote some time to the old girl each week. I'm getting REALLY close to roadworthy.

When I left off, the brake bleeding gremlins were bothering me. On resumption of my efforts, I tried a different approach and got the @$%$% things to bleed properly.

I tried the speed bleeders. They suck (literally). Sucked air back into the caliper. Waste of money. Worse yet, the one I got for the rear wouldn't let ANYTHING pass through it. Might as well have been a solid bolt. I wound up using one of the old cruddy buggered up ones.

Anyway, I now have some "WOAH!" to go along with the "Gettyup" I hope to experience soon.

My "ToDo" list is getting nice & short.
    Eric Roellig
    1980 SG w Windjammer V & KG hard bags
    **Very first bike**
    Current condition: Running!!! Lead, follow or get the #^%# out of my way!!!!!!

I used speed bleeders once... lightly closed the sucker on a caliper I just bled and *SNAP*!! Said bye to that caliper and to speedbleeders. Now have a cheap mityvac from Harbor Freight
    1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
    1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
    http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Working...
    X