cylinder head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder head

Thanks for all the help on the vacuum fuel valve folks!! I fixed it and rod it today, worked great.... I have another question for all you fine fellows... there is a plunger looking thing on the front of the cylinder head between the center 2 cylinders that has a jam bolt and lock nut on the side, It apears to be loose ...someone has put silicone on the end were it apears there should be a cap or a plug???? what is the function of this and does it need to be set to a certain measurement?? any help would be great..

Cam chain tenioner

See the maintainence section.
    <--------------- over there in tech tips
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

Comment

DON'T START IT OR RIDE IT UNTIL YOU HAVE ADJUSTED!

Hey Ink,

Like Oseaghdha said, you need to check out the tech tips, either the link in the left column, or scroll down from the MAIN FORUM PAGE, and find tech tips, maintanence, cam chain tensioner!

The silicone in the end is one of many ways to fix the leaking that can occur from the end of it, but IF the lock nut and bolt are loose, then you could skip a cam sprocket tooth, bend valves, etc.!!!! Check and fix it before proceeding to ride the bike anymore!!! PLEASE READ and FOLLOW CAREFULLY the instructions in the tip to the LETTER, and you may want to remove the valve cover and inspect the cams and their alignment dots with the timing plate "C" marks....again using the proper technique!!!

The engine spins backwards, so from the timing cover side, it rotates clockwise, don't rotate the other way!!!!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

cylinder head

what should I look under in maintance for this problem???

Comment

Try Cam Chain Tips !
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
          X