intakes please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intakes please help

are there any differences between the intakes for 78 and 79? bike barn has intakes for 79-81 xs but not 78 is there a diff? can i use them? will they work without retrofit?? i think i got my idle problem narrowed down to the intakes spraying with ether brings up idle when shot on 2 &3 and those pipes are also about 100deg hotter when running. bad intakes or bad seal at either end?? they arent in the best shape as they are pretty cracked
    when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
    '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
    '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
    '78 Cadillac Seville
    Don't steal the government hates competition

Hey Scott,

Partsnmore.com carries the same set for $49.00 cheaper and are listed correctly 78-81/82! And free shipping!!

They will fit just fine.

However, like you said, they may be just cracked where they mount to the engine?? You could save some $$ and put black RTV around the outside of them to seal the outer cracks and get them looking purty, and can use a gasket and some fuel resistant sealer to remount them. ALSO, pull and check the synch port caps, they age and get brittle and can leak as well, even though they look like they are attached....had a member chasing a vacuum leak for days until he checked them!!!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

hey top thanx for the heads up i appretiate it somday ill get it running good so swmbo will let me register it and i hopefully ill post pics
      when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
      '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
      '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
      '78 Cadillac Seville
      Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Working...
      X