Time to thin down the heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to thin down the heard

I recently bought back the 79 Standard that I sold a few years ago. I've been kicking myself for the past few years for selling it and now I got it back cheap.

Anyway since I don't have room for all these bikes I've decided to part out the Mongrel. It would be to hard to sell a half 79 standard and half 80 special so I'm going to part it out.

Over the next few weeks watch for parts showing up on eBay from seller Technogearhead.

PM me if you need anything...

BTW, gotta make room in the garage so I'm also selling my 1966 Baja Bug...

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

I could use the left hand switch assembly, without the hazard lights. My blinkers quit working.

Darrell
    Darrell
    78E
    80G project
    06FJR

Comment

I could use the turn signals if round
      and the right side rear peg holder
      1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
      "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
      My Photo Bucket

Comment

I think it has the hazard light switch. I'll have to check and get back to you.

You can eMail me at technojock@yahoo.com

Geezer

Originally posted by newc4
        I could use the left hand switch assembly, without the hazard lights. My blinkers quit working.

Darrell

Comment

It has a fairing on it and no stock signals. I'm keeping the windjammer, front end and engine the rest is going. I already have a spare set of carbs so those are going on the block too...

The frame is 80 special. Will this make a difference on the foot peg mount?

You can eMail me at technojock@yahoo.com

Geezer

Originally posted by renegade_xs11g
          I could use the turn signals if round
          and the right side rear peg holder

Comment

i could use a standard tank please thanks
            Pete J

Comment

The only tank I have for sale at the moment is a special tank. I already sold the 6 gallon tank I had...

Geezer

Comment

standard tanks seem to be hard for me to find. thanks anyway
                Pete J

Comment

Hi! Just sent an email to you...looking possibly at the tank you have for sale...and a sissy bar/ luggage rack setup, if available. Let me know! Thank you!

Quentin
                  "FAITH...Dare to take the journey that begins where the path ends..."

1981 XS1100 Special...Zoom! Zoom!
                  1982 XJ650 Maxim...almost out the door...

Comment

I have a couple of them but I don't know if they're worth having. They look good on the outside but I haven't opened them up yet. Later on in the year I'll have a locksmith open them up. After I get them dipped, I'll decide if I want to keep one or sell them all. It would suck not to have a spare.

On another note: I have 2 trashed standard tanks that I plan to build into 1 monster tank when I move to somewhere that I can get 220v to my welder... I used to do things like this in the bad old days and sometimes I would come up with something really cool and other times not...

Geezer

Originally posted by ppv
                    standard tanks seem to be hard for me to find. thanks anyway

Comment

i doubt that right side cover will fit mine but if it will also possibly intakes if willing to part with
                      when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
                      '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
                      '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
                      '78 Cadillac Seville
                      Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Originally posted by ScottsXS
                        i doubt that right side cover will fit mine but if it will also possibly intakes if willing to part with
                        The bike started life as an 80 Special and has special side covers on it. The left one is good but the right one is missing a small chunk around where the top rear mount goes. I plan to sell them as a pair with the right one really being tossed in with the left.

I have a set of less than a year old Uni-Pod air filters on it. These were way more expensive than the crappy filters from parts n' more.

I have an extra set of 79 Standard side covers but the left one has the typical lower mount broke off. I'm hanging on to these until the paint job is done.

Geezer

Comment

Working...
                        X