No announcement yet.

Best 4-1 for 82 XJ11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed a chrome Jardine 4-1 on my XJ, it will bolt right up to yours and with no problem removing the oil filter. The muffler mounting flange should line up with your passenger food peg, it did on mine anyway. The only problem I'm having is a slight exhaust leakage where the muffler connects to the headers. According to the packing list I should have received a "clamp" but didn't. I'm not sure how it was supposed to work anyway. I called Jardine and they said they would ship one out immediately, thats been about 4 months ago. I just haven't gotten around to calling them back. I installed an 1196 Wiseco Big Bore went one up in the mains, stock airbox and it pulls STRONG. I'm satisfied.
    1982 XJ 1100J Ruby Red
    1982 XJ 1100J Black

Comment

Maxim4rob1,
      What is your Jardine 4-1 model number? This would help tremendously since Jardine says they dont make them. Maybe Jardine did make them before and I may be able to find someone that sales them now. A manufacturers part # would definately take out the guess work.
      Nathan

Comment

Nathan:
        I'll check the invoice and get you information. Sorry but it will have to wait until Monday. I don't recall if I purchased from Jardine or through some other supplier.
        1982 XJ 1100J Ruby Red
        1982 XJ 1100J Black

Comment

Nathan:

Sorry I'm a day late. I bought the header directly from Jardine. They are not listed as being for the XJ but for the XS and will fit. My invoice indicates the part # is 14-2403-01. Their phone # is (951) 739-5900. Good Luck!
          1982 XJ 1100J Ruby Red
          1982 XJ 1100J Black

Comment

Working...
          X