Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lunch Bag Let Down ... She Didn't Fire Up...STILL NO START ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's a fun one to figger out. Never could really get a difinitive answer from the "Tech Lines". Best that we could figger. was that as the fuel level in the bowls rises, without the bowl being able to vent to atmosphere, pressure builds up in the bowl(the air above the float becomes compressed), changing the bouyancy charactoristics of the float. It doesn't rise, and the needles stay open.
    Have seen this several times, mostly on bikes with Charcoal Canister evaporation systems that have been laid down. Canister gets plugged and won't vent.
    Our problem is mostly bug-related.

I live to serve.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

So my bike is together and running. Gave her a fast tune up and all that remains is to put on the stock type shocks, match up the paint and pin stripping. I also need to change out the fork oil.
      Here's a few pics.
      Rob

KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Pics

Rob I will post some pics once my bike is all together and running your looks terrific by the way......havent had a chance to check the timing advance yet perhaps on Tuesday.....doin the 12 hour night shift next couple of days.....Bruce in Nova Scotia
        Bruce Doucette
        Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Working...
        X