Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

Hello I am writing this for one of your members "Bull" ~From washington ~ he has had an accident wile on his XJ1100J, long story short, he ask me to post up a question as to the value of this bike in a "stocl" trim and low miles ~less than 15k~, for insurance reasons. the bike XJ1100J has a custom paint, crashbar, aftermarket seat, and a few other nick-knacks, he very much loves this bike and does not want to get "SKINNED" by some nit-wit insurance agent. so if anyone can help me,him get a viable price/value please send me a message, he is down with 190+ stiches~ and cannot get to his comp as reg as I can get to mine

Not your friend

Hi Rick,
    Bull's insurance agent may be friendly but he is NOT Bull's friend. He is the bottom line's friend.
    Do NOT let the bastards write the bike off.
    Insist that they fix it. If they claim that'll cost more than the bike is worth (and they may be right, the bike wouldn't sell for much more than $2,000 undamaged and that only buys 13 hours of shop time & no parts) let Bull insist on a cash settlement and he'll fix it himself.
    Used parts can be found & dents can be lived with.
    Fred Hill, S'toon.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Bull isnt even attempting to deal with the insurance, his atty is the one that I am trying to get the high value/est. for.... they want to total it and then he can buy it back.. ~I dunno~ I dont know a thing about the yamers I am a kawasaki guy. I will say I do like his bike I just cant get past the handlebars. 2k seems like a viable buy number I was led to believe 3K+ for a sell number...,....?

Comment

I agree with Fred.
        My computer here at home is too slow, but you can check the value of the bike at Kelly Blue Book(KBB.com) just like you'd check the price on a car.
        Fred's probably pretty close with his estimate.
        What all was damaged other than Mirror, turn signal, brake lever, L+R crash bars and pegs, right hand grip...?
        Can't see too much else from the photo.
        Bike needs to be taken to a Yamaha shop fer a "crash estimate"(usually an hour's labor... Yes, it does take time to inspect a bike, and then research parts, repair labor and such)
        Proceedures differ from insurance company to insurance company
        Find out what the repair would cost. He could either have it repaired or get the cash and do it himself. If they want to total the bike, ask how much they would want to buy it back.
        I've seen people with $6,000 estimates buy the bike back for $800 and repair it themselves.
        Many things are possable.
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Check Blue Book price, and then add on the cost of the custom paint job, wihdshield, crash bars and pegs... all the extras.
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
          X