No announcement yet.

looking to buy XS1100 Special (or Honda CB1000)...long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he does NOT want to drop the price, walk away. You can find nice XS1100, or Honda's, for a LOT less money. The owners will need to understand that a bike that needs work, and is missing parts, is NOT a "high dollar" bike.
    JMTC.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

mcompton1973, I've got an 80 speial for a lot less and live in the bluffs. Pm me if interested.
      78 standard

81 midnight special

Comment

crazy,

I pm'd you
        '79 XS11 Special
        Semper Fi

Comment

Thirsty?

Hi mc,
          20-25 mpg they claim? I get ~27mpg on my '80 Special and it's pulling a sidecar.
          Which one should you get? That's up to you. They are both big capacity across-frame 4s and each has more than enough power to convert a careless rider into a smear of forensic evidence.
          Fred Hill, S'toon.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Two months ago, I owned both a 1983 CB1000C and a 1980 XS1100G.

I liked both bikes, but I preferred the XS1100. It was more fun to ride and I liked the power band. There is also more parts available on ebay for the XS1100. I owned the Honda for 4 years and the XS1100 for 6 months. The CB1000 would get 50 mpg on the highway, but I sold it anyway.

Hope this helps.
            Last edited by xszgrider; 06-01-2007, 09:19 PM.
            John in El Paso
            1980 Yamaha XS1100G
            2002 Honda Goldwing
            1977 Yamaha TY250
            1973 Yamaha TX750 (future project)

Comment

well I am waiting on crazypainter to call me. Maybe I will buy one of his, and I can hang out here a lot more often. HAHAHA.
              '79 XS11 Special
              Semper Fi

Comment

The older 16 valve Honda fours were nice bikes but have valve problems. The valve guide seals would leak causing a build up of carbon on the backside of the valves. The result was burnt valves. I wouldn't buy one of these without doing a compression check first.

The other guys have covered the ups and downs of life with an XS11 pretty well so I'll leave it at that...

Geezer
                Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Maybe I will buy one of his, and I can hang out here a lot more often. HAHAHA.
                  Hope you do and welcome. I lived in Omaha for about 10 years before moving to KC last year. Still close enough if to get together for a ride sometime.
                  Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                  '82 XJ1100
                  '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                  X