82 xj1100 stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 xj1100 stator

Can anybody tell me if the stator is interchangble between xs and xj the cover looks different but iare the stators the same or can you switch them?
    thanks david
    nytesurfer
    82 xj1100
    80 xs1100 special
    83 xs650 Sold
    84 fj600 Sold
    70 BSA chopper (old school) Sold
    Down to my two BEST

10M-81610-11-00 STATOR ASS'Y (XJ)

2H7-81610-10-00 STATOR ASS'Y (XS)

not the same
    mro
    Last edited by mro; 05-28-2007, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Hey Nightsurfer,

As MRO eluded to, totally different mechanisms involved with the XS and the XJ. However, IF you can get ALL of the parts off of an XJ, the rotor, stator, etc., then the entire assembly can bolt on and you can have a stronger charging system since the XJ uses a brush style alt vs. the XS's brushless.

Tod, TRBIG has an XS11 engine, with XJ alt parts on it, works fine. I remember Geezer stating that the reg/rect from one will work with the other, so your XS reg/rect should work with the XJ alt parts.

IF you have truly determined that your stator is at fault, and not the reg/rect, then you might be able to find an electric motor repair shop locally that could rewind it for you?
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I did a resistance test on the stator and it says im bad on 2 out of 3.
        I was trying to get out cheap theres a stator for the xs on ebay for cheap thoght it might work. Does anybody have one for a 82 xj1100 by the way almost got my 80 xs done she sure is lookin pretty with any luck will be starting it today and want to thank everybody here for all help and info I've gotten from this site could not of done it with out it. So agin THANKYOU
        nytesurfer
        82 xj1100
        80 xs1100 special
        83 xs650 Sold
        84 fj600 Sold
        70 BSA chopper (old school) Sold
        Down to my two BEST

Comment

Working...
        X